A Blog Devoted to One Child

Imagine you are sitting in your room. All is quiet, it's one of those still moments where the air is thick with relaxation and you are reveling in the peace around you, contemplating a nap or a good book.

Suddenly a blood chilling scream issues forth from down the hall. You are running before you even realize you've moved. You get closer and closer to the door and worry you are to late. Something is wrong, will you be there in time? You reach the door handle, turn it and stumble into the room.

You look around. No one is there. Your mind is frantic to process this new information.

Another scream issues and you turn towards the window where it has come from. The window is open and in that moment you see two sets of fingers clinging to the very edge of the wood. You race over to find a two and a half year old holding on for dear life as he dangles from the outside of the window.

***

That's what I saw on Friday afternoon.

The little tyke tried to crawl out his window instead of taking his nap (his window is thankfully on ground level).

I hauled him back in. He wrapped his body around me and said, "That sdared me mommy."

I nearly sobbed, "That scared me too, baby."

He petted my face, "Sowwy Mommy, sowwy."

So we lay in his bed together cuddled up and clinging until the shock and adrenaline had subsided and he was beginning to doze.

"I love you." I said.

"Wuv you too, Mommy." He said as he fell asleep.

***

That child. I swear my blog has become devoted to him alone. I adore him to death, but I think he might BE the death of me... if he doesn't give me a heart-attack first.

Comments

Lisa said…
I think I was crying and laughing as I read that post. I now have a new fear to be paranoid about.

Glad everyone is still alive.
Jennifer said…
It's a good thing he was too scared to let go. Can you imagine the trouble you'd be in if he'd figured out he could easily drop out the window whenever he wanted?
dana said…
Sorry for the shirt dress problems! You're not the first (unfortunately).
I hope the second attempt goes better!
- dana

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer