Ramblings of a Complainer

Boy did I have one of those weekends. The ones where you actually wish for Monday to roll around, but then when Monday does roll around it's just as rough as the last few days and you really wish you could climb into your covers and hide away for awhile.

I particularly like putting a hooded sweatshirt on (hood up) and crawling under my covers. That way my head is as buried as the rest of me. I sure do love hoodies.

But a mom can't always do that, so she (I) endure it all by reading a 300 page book in less than 24 hours. That's because my options are to focus on the story or focus on my boiling, writhing, cramping stomach. I hate the stomach flu. Hate it, hate it, hate it. In fact I hate anything that has to do with me throwing up.

So that was this weekend. I finished the book and woke this morning to discover I'm actually hungry. I decided to run some errands. Except that it's raining outside right now... and it's 25*F.

Have you ever dealt with freezing rain?

I hadn't until I moved here and let me tell you--it's nuts! You can't possibly begin to understand how invasive water is until if freezes over your car. It gets into every little crack and crevice so that even if you were to tug with all your might (slipping along the ground as you do) you cannot get your door open. Which leaves you with two choices--wait for the weather to warm up or pray that as you chip away at the inches of ice you don't shatter your windshield.

It wasn't that bad this morning, though. It was just icy... everywhere... and since I'm the queen of clumsy what do you suppose I go and do?

Right. I slip.

Except when you're clumsy you don't just slip. It can't be some quiet fall to the ground, it has to be grand and there has to be witnesses.

So now I ache down the entire left side of my body. Every joint is protesting, every muscle groaning.

The same muscles that were already exhausted from enduring a two day onslaught of wrong way stomach functioning.

Wow.

I'm ready for Tuesday. :)

How was your weekend?

Comments

Niki said…
My weekend was definitely a lot better than yours! It always sucks when the weekends do not go well. I hope you have a much better Tuesday!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer