December 13, 2012

Privacy

One of the things I have been dealing with a lot lately is an incredible amount of opinion sharing regarding how I should behave.

Since there is absolutely nothing in my life that is illegal, dangerous, or detrimental to my children this sort of behavior has become a great nuisance to my existence.

It is also a great point of stress for me.


It is not uncommon for me to receive comments about my stability (since I have moved three times this year I unstable) , my choices (evidently dating is rash), and my general ability to function on an adult level.

This has created an issue where I want to blog but am hesitant to say how I feel for fear of the repercussions to myself both emotionally and custodially. 

I live in fear that my every move will be twisted in a fashion that will enable my children to be taken from me.

It's exhausting.


So.... with that in mind I have decided to go private. I want to keep my followers, but I want to do that in a manner that doesn't let unwanted eyes watching every move I make.

(Even saying that I want to go private makes me brace for the inevitable "What are you trying to hide?" comments. I assure whoever is spying on me today that I am not going private to hide any perceived illegalities but to keep you at bay!!!)

Paranoid much?

Yes. That's me.

I never thought I would be the sort of person who hung out in the quiet recesses of the world wide web but that is where I am going.

Will you join me?

It will mean you have to send me your email address so that I can add you to my readership. It means that you will have to log in to view my email. It means you will have to work to keep up with me.

But I would love very much if you stayed around.

You can send your requests to me at:
cannwin (at) ymail (dot) com


I will give it a few days before I actually go private.

Thank you for your love and support and patience with me during this incredibly difficult time of my life.

Always,

Cannwin

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I would love to keep in touch with you. Lphoto137@gmail.com

And this might be too much effort. But many people I know keep the public blog so that people still subscribe and you can just post a quick note saying that you updated your private blog with a link and then only the people who are approved can click and follow it. I've noticed it's the easiest way to follow a private blog. I think it's easier than I described.

Rob-bear said...

People! Good grief! I am very sorry you are under so much pressure. It is NOT YOUR FAULT!!!! Clear enough?

This "private blog" is a way for you for you to keep blogging without losing your mind. And your friends — the people who really care about you and for you.

Bear will be in touch.

Cari Hislop said...

That sounds wise! Fear can be irrational, but fear is a warning system that tells us something is wrong. Paranoid? I doubt it! If I were you I'd move the hell away out of the State! The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced there is probably some serious imbreeding in that neck of the woods; everyone a first or second cousin! Idiots!

Add my e-mail address to the list.

I'm glad you found somewhere cheaper (and better) to live!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Marianne Williamson

We are women of a God who delights in his daughters feeling beautiful and adored. Whatever that is to you personally, don't let it go undone. It is in you safe and warm and no one can take that away from you...no one. --Nie Nie