24 Hour Cannwin



My days are so crazy right now that sometimes I wonder how on Earth I'm actually keeping up with it all. I get up at 7AM and go, go, go until at least 10PM.

But just telling you that isn't going to give you a real idea of what I do. So I'll lay it out for you.

**
7AM
My alarm goes off and I stumble out of bed rubbing my eyes and shuffling to the kids rooms. I don't get the opportunity to hit the snooze button because if I'm not up and moving within 5 minutes of that alarm we are all late.

7:50AM
We HAVE to be out of the house by now if we are going to have any breathing room for our schedules. Which really means if we aren't all yelling at each other all the way to the Irish Twins school then we need to be in the car by now.

8:00AM
When we typically leave the house.

8:13AM
When the Irish Twins usually make it to school and barrel out of the car.

8:15AM
When their school starts.

8:30AM
Drop the Mischievite and Remewin off at their babysitters house.

9:00AM
My first class.

10AM
My free hour in which I get to do awesome things like apply for food stamps or look for jobs.

11AM
Second class.

Noon
Class gets out at 11:50. I have ten minutes in which to sprint over to my friends class before it starts and say a quick hello before then starting the long walk up to the Mischievite's babysitter's house.
I pick him up and we both walk over to his school.
This leaves me just enough time to come huffing and puffing (and sweating profusely) into:

1PM
Third Class

2:30PM
Class gets out and I sprint to my car (have I mentioned the elevators are ridiculously slow here on campus?), go pick up Remewin from the babysitter and then drive over to the Irish Twins school and sit in traffic until I am close enough to the building for them to hop in the car.

3:10PM
Kids hop in the car... usually yelling.

3:30PM
Pick up the Mischievite from his school.

4PM
Take Vicbowin to Gymnastics... sometimes run to the grocery store.

5PM
Dinner
Try to convince Albowin to do his homework.

6PM
Pick up Vicbowin from Gymnastics.

7PM
Put the little ones to bed and beg the older two to work JUST A LITTLE BIT FASTER on their homework.
SuperFreak usually stops by around this time of day (which makes it the best part of my day).

9PM
Irish Twins finally buckle down, finish their homework and go to bed leaving me with enough quiet time to do my own homework while SuperFreak sits next to me and chats.

11PM
Finish Homework, say goodnight to SuperFreak, crash into my bed.

1AM
Scoot over so Remewin can crawl into bed with me.

4AM
Scoot the other way so the Mischievite can crawl into bed with me.

7AM
Wake up and shuffle to the kids room. I have to be out of bed by 7:05 or we are all late.

***

In my Spanish class the other day the man sitting behind me complained to his neighbor:
"I didn't get the homework done. I've just been so busy lately, there really isn't any time for me to breathe."

The woman who sits next to me, and myself, both rolled our eyes.

She has 5 kids, I have my 4. We are both single mom's.

Both of us got our homework done.

PS. SuperFreak doesn't have children... he thinks that what I do is this close
-->|.|<--
 to superhuman. I think he's a keeper.

Comments

Rob-bear said…
Sorry you life is like this. Crazy. Busy.

Glad I am retired!
Ashy said…
I really admire you for trying to go to school AND have kids. I don't think I could ever do that... I mean, I'm sure I could adapt, but I would just fall apart in the end. You're crazy amazing :)

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer