Skip to main content

Finally Some Sun!

The sun finally got strong enough to burn away those ever present clouds. The ones that kept dropping snow on us even though it's June. The state of Montana rejoiced, I'm pretty sure any one with half a sense and a mind to steal could have made a fortune today in all these empty houses. No one was inside!

We spent the day packing the truck and heading up into the mountains to picnic and hike. There's this spot we love, Pine Creek, and we always go up.

<-- It's very nice and very pretty and still leaves me in awe when ever we drive up there. Today we saw a doe on the side of the road watching us like we were unusual and it wasn't.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I took a bunch of pictures to show you all. The reasons behind these pictures vary, some (like the one to the left) are to brag about the beauty of where I live, other's just cause I wanted to show you all parts of my life. So let's take a tour, shall we.


Welcome to Paradise Valley, Montana.
Appropriately named. It's a spectacular place that I like to tell people all about. My pictures don't really do it justice.




We'll be moving soon, which makes me sad. But the winter's here are... well, they're cold, okay. Very cold. When we moved here, we were coming from Phoenix, Arizona; the Valley of the Sun, where it hits 120*F (that's roughly 49*C, people) in the summer's. Home of tank-tops, shorts, and flip flops. I had to call in a couple of favors to find warm clothes for our December move. So, when we moved it was in the 80's (upper 20's for you celsius folk) in Arizona and 19*F (-7*C) in Montana. That year, after we moved here of course, it dropped down to -20*F (-29*C). So when I say cold.... I mean COLD. But I still love it here.

Cause this-->
Makes it worth every moment.
I love Italy, I enjoyed England immensely. The landscapes are breathtaking, the culture's fantastic, but when the tour guide started talking about England's 'mountains' I had to chuckle, I want everyone I met in England to come here. Fly into Bozeman (not Billings, you wouldn't get the full effect) and drive to Paradise Valley. As you come through the Bozeman Pass and the land begins to flatten out, off to your right you would see what I see everyday; great, magnificent mountains rising up out of the prairie imposing in their grandeur.
This is the kind of place where movies are made... no, really, it is... A River Runs Through It was filmed here, as well as The Horse Whisperer.

Okay... okay, I'm done bragging for now. I just had one of those days when you just LOVE the place you live.

Have a good day everyone!

Comments

BS5 Blogger said…
Hello! I just thought I would return the visit. Montana looks fine - liked the John Deere tractor that you inadvertently snapped!
Lisa said…
A pang of jealousy just crossed my path.

Now that it's summer, I'm stuck indoors because it's too hot.

But, I'm happy for you that you get to run wild and free outside.

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

This was my week two craft for So You Think You're Crafty. I placed third that week for this one. I thought you might enjoy finding out how I made it.


I tried about a million different decorations before settling on one that didn't drown out my rings. I wanted them to the focal point. This is also why I went with black fabric and not something more vivid.

Don't be intimidated by the lack of 101 I'm giving you. It really is a straight forward sort of project. If you know how to use a glue gun without burning yourself you can do this. Just be sure to dust off your imaginative brain space first. :)

The one important thing you might be wondering is how I got the pink fabric to stick to the shoe. I really just Mod Podged it on.

There are several different ways to make ring tubes that you can find online. One I saw used that colored foam paper stuff that you find in the kids craft section. I thought that might have been easier, but I had scraps of batting lying around so I …

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

The problem with Anthropologie is that they cost way too much money. WAY TOO MUCH! I mean, come on--these book boxes:

Cost $68-$188!

Do you have that kind of money?

I don't, but you know what I do have? I have a library with a cart full of free books that no one really cares about! So guess what I did... I made my own (and then I gave them away because I really don't have anywhere to put them).

Here's how.
















What do you think?

I Am A Phoenix

This is a drawing I did right after my divorce, when I was trying to discover my life's course and who I was as a person. Divorce is this horrendously nasty thing that leaves a person with little to nothing of who they were before (at least that's how it was for me). My family was gone, at one point I had counted up blood/legal relatives that had stopped talking to me and it was nearly 60. Things were bad, but one of the recurring comments I heard from other divorcee's was 'Get bitter, or get better.' So I aimed for better. I came up with my own personal code of conduct (Quiet Dignity) and my own personal motto.

The motto the drawing is based off of is: 
"I am a Phoenix. I was born for the fire and I will rise from the ashes."
But, that's not all. Each aspect of the drawing has meaning. I researched these... so I hope I got them right. lol
I chose to make my image reminiscent of a mandala with the most significant parts at the very center. The shape i…