Dreams.

I had a dream last night that a giant Grizzly Bear was attacking me and my babies. Whether this was brought on by some psychological/emotional venting, or by the fact that the book I’m reading (Twilight) talks about ’irritable Grizzlies’, is beside the point.

The point is that I fought back! The bear was coming at me and I suddenly had a pistol in my hand. I was rapidly loading it (I don’t think I’ve ever loaded a pistol, BTW) and then I was aiming and firing. Three shots to the head, one right between the eyes and the bear was down.

So I told my husband about this dream and he said "WooHoo! Good job C!"

What an odd reaction- you might be thinking.

In reality, however, his response was very loving. You see, I have a problem with nightmare’s. It’s plagued me for years and years, often times to the point that I wake screaming, and my darling husband has to spend the next hour trying to calm me enough that I can fall back to sleep.

In those dreams, the bear would have gotten to us and I would have been forced to watch the entire thing.

Horrible! I know! Try living with it.

A few years ago, he taught me a trick that he uses. When he doesn’t like the way a dream is going, he can change what’s happening. This is second nature to him, but the best I’ve been able to come up with is the ability to wake myself before they get to gorey. Until last night!

Last night was a turning point in my dream world. And I’m quite proud to say that I stood up to my worst nightmare’s for the first time in ten years!

I just thought I’d share that with you all, last night I killed a Grizzly Bear! *wink*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer