Old Faithful


This is 'Old Faithful.' It's a dress, my favorite dress to be more specific, and technically it's really not that old... under a year. But it is the dress that I wear when I'm in a good mood, or when I've torn my closet and drawers apart trying to find something to wear and nothing feels right.

I like this dress. I like that a bunch of 11 year old boys at church came up and told me I had a cool dress. I like that a lot of the women in church have said how cute it is. I like how it fits and how it wears and everything about it. I like it so much that I probably wear it 3 of the 4 Sunday's a month.

I have a lot of dresses too, but this one is my favorite. My Old Faithful, that I know I look good in, or at least I feel like I look good in and so therefor am happy to wear whenever I get the chance.

Do you have an Old Faithful? It doesn't have to be a dress or slacks, it could be any article of clothing that you turn to when everything else is laying on your bed. The thing you dig out of the dirty clothes hamper, sniff just to make sure, then spritz with a little good smelling stuff (to make extra sure) and wear out at night.

To you, Old Faithful. May you never become threadbare and worn. May the children never stain you in their gaiety, and may I never, ever, ever get to fat to wear you.

Comments

TerĂ©sa said…
Very Cute! I like your hair, BTW! My Old Faithfull is my black skirt, that I'm wearing right now! lol

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer