So It Begins

As some of you might know, we are moving in a month. So today I got out a notebook, a pencil, a permanent marker and some boxes and I started the tedious yet cleansing process of packing. I thought I'd tell you how it was going as we progress. I have some goals, some objectives I learned from our last move.

1. If it's still in a box from the last move (minus the books of course) then it needs to go.

2. If it's still in the closet we put it in when we moved, then it's going as well.

3. Everything goes into an appropriately marked box. None of these 'junk' boxes. If you have to title it junk... well, sorry.

4. Boxes will be labeled according to room or type, therefore if it isn't a bathroom supply, it doesn't belong in the bathroom box.

5. We are taking the drapes and shower curtains, no exceptions.

So here's some pictures of what my living room looks like now. The bookshelf is the smallest of three, but I was smart enough not to unpack all my books last time (since I knew this day was coming). And the cream colored couch is a recent acquisition (it was free) which my sister will take with her when we part ways (if we do, she's more than welcome to come with us... as she ought to know). Hmm, what else, oh yeah and it's a bit of a mess, cause of all those books I just bought - see last blog. Wish us luck.

Comments

Winsor said…
Looks good Charity. Moving is always the worst if you ask me. I remember when we helped you move in there and now to think that you are just moving again. Well, enjoy South Dakota. Keep it real.
Sara said…
Why the move to South Dakota? You know the moment you throw it away, you will need it the following month. Be very, very careful. I am going to girl's night at Melissa Cox's home tomorrow. I will give her your website so she can catch up on you too.
Cannwin said…
LOL, I would love to talk with Melissa Lopes'... how funny it is that you forgot.

The move to South Dakota is because the husband has been accepted to Law school there.

Yes, yes... more school. We seem to enjoy going to school. Well, only when it's interspersed with war-time deployments and such, but hey our marriage seems to thrive on trials. lol.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer