Lois Lane has Dogs

Five of them actually, or at least there were five dogs with her yesterday when I talked to her.

Yes, that's right, I talked to Lois Lane, (well the actress Margot Kidder who played Lois Lane) up at Pine Creek. Do you guys remember Pine Creek? It's that place up in the mountains that we like to go picnic at.

So.... anyway, yesterday we headed up and someone was in our usual spot, we grumbled a little but moved back down the road to a smaller spot. Not more than ten minutes went by when the adjoining picnic area was taken by some other people with several large dogs. We noticed this because the kids have an abnormal fear of the canine species, but the lady assured me that the dogs were nice and 'only growled when they wanted to be chased.'

I thanked her, chatted a little more about dogs and kids and then went on back to my own relaxation.

Well, it was not soon after that when we realized the people who had taken our usual spot went to church with us, so we went down to chat and one of them asked how I was enjoying my dinner next to movie stars.

"Movie stars? Where?"

Now I have to interject right here that there are several famous people that live in this area; Peter Fonda, Christopher Paolini (who rights Eragon and I'm pretty sure I saw at Wal-Mart), Tom Brokaw, and Whoopie Goldberg is said to have a house around here, not to mention Margot Kidder. So hearing that it's a movie star, while fun, is not that surprising.

"Right next to you, that's Margot Kidder."

"Oh, I thought she looked familiar but I just figured it was from seeing her around town." (which it probably is a little bit)

We laughed about it for a minute then I went back to eat my dinner and tell my husband. In the end we chatted several times with our home town movie star, mostly about dogs. And as we were leaving I said to my husband, "That's the second time I've run into someone famous and not noticed; I'm rather proud of myself."

And I am proud of myself. I'm glad I'm not so star struck to be one in those crowds of followers that I once (in Arizona) had to break through to get to the Arizona Mills Mall. (Wondering all the while what the heck so many people were doing there. It wasn't until my dear friend Tasha gasped and explained to me that I'd just brushed past Mike Tyson that I realized what it was all about.)

But as always I had to share with you all some of the random adventures of my life.

Comments

Sara said…
That is too funny. I saw Mike Tyson at AZ mills when I was last there too. He was at a little kiosk looking at hats??!!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer