South Dakota Part 2: Gas Prices

How much does your gas cost?

I'm paying $4.09 a gallon.

My mom told me a rumor she heard recently, that when the diesel prices (in the US) hit $5.00 a gallon the truck driver's (that would be the lorries for all you Europeans) are going to strike. Nice, I guess that's one more reason to have a year supply of food.

But, really, in the US we don't have much to complain about, compared to some other countries.

Then I went to South Dakota and I noticed something very odd about their gas prices, lets see if you can catch it.


Did you see it? Well, I'll tell you just in case.

The Super Unleaded is cheaper than the Regular! Now I want to know what the heck's that about. How come my state doesn't have that going on? It wasn't just at this gas station either, it was everyone we went to. Our little car's never had it so good.

In all honesty, though, I don't watch gas prices. It's just not worth it, I have to buy the stuff anyway, why fret about it? I really didn't even care until the prices started exceeding that of a gallon of milk, then I could actually see how much money I was using and now I notice a little more. But I'm really not complaining, because I know there are places that pay a whole lot more than me. Still, does any one want to explain why Super is $0.10 cheaper in South Dakota?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer