Veterans Wife

I have a little announcement to make, one that might come off as a bit of a bombshell to some. My loving, wonderful husband has resigned his commission. He is no longer a member of the National Guard.

The reason's behind this are several, but they are also simple, our marriage was beginning to feel the effects of his long absences. He had not been going, he was taking a leave of absence, if you will (don't worry it was approved) for the summer while we worked some things out. This last month he went to his first drill in South Dakota and we realized, even before the end of the weekend that this wasn't going to work for us anymore. I didn't ask him to get out, he just did and I appreciate his ability to see that it was needed.

Other, just as pressing reasons were because we are stretched to our time limits with everything in our lives right now. Drill weekends would require him to sacrifice those many significant hours of studying, and ask a great deal of me with the children (they like to test my limits when he's not around).

I'm still a little dazed by it all. It's odd to think that he will be home every weekend, that I won't have a 'girls night' to plan for when he's gone and a lonely bed for two nights. I'm excited, but I also know that it will make it a little harder to stay afloat financially, but with the Lord's help we can do this, and we know that this is what He wanted us to do right now.

Marriage is far more important than money.

Anyway, now you all know. The war veteran and his wife have said goodbye to the military.

Let the phone calls begin.

Comments

Polly Blevins said…
Wow! I don't really know what else to say. Except, "marriage is more important than money".

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer