What Time Is It?

I was laying there, stuck between a snoring husband and a daughter warm enough to negate the need for a heating system and wondering... How am I going to get the screaming baby without waking them up? So, I gently nudged my husband, asked him to watch our little heat wave, then shuffled sleepily into the kitchen to find a bottle.

I checked the clock, 3:79 AM... Well, I thought, at least it isn't two in the morning... then went to help the baby. He was wet (up to his chest) and dirty to boot. He was wheezing and coughing and crying. I handed him the bottle of milk, stripped him down; dug around for desitin, diapers, new clothes and blankets, and finally! Oh, Finally I layed back down on a bed (my son's).

Five minutes later it hit me.

There is no such thing as 3:79 in the morning, I must be really tired, I thought, I wonder what time it really was. 3:19? I cringed. 3:59? That didn't really look like a seven. I sighed, I guess I'll never know.

Then I made a personal note, one I've made a hundred times before.

Self:
Don't check clock when you're up with the kids. It's best not to know how many hours of sleep you're missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer