Ooh it's a Double Post Day.

Wow, so has anyone been watching the weather? I mean holy moly South Dakota's been walloped. Deadwood got 36 inches and the I-90 (as of last night) is closed from Mitchell, SD west to 50 miles inside the Wyoming border. Now just how far is that? Well let's take a look shall we.
We're talking a days drive here. It's unbelievable! At work we had all these people calling and saying they weren't going to be able to make it to town because they were quite literally stuck in their houses. My friend has a guy coming to visit her on his way to D.C. from Utah. He's stuck somewhere outside of Rapid City.

This is a map of us right now... see that big blue spot? That's me--and everyone else around me.Here's another view:


So how much have I gotten here at my house? Oh, a dusting. Either the storm completely missed us or we're gonna get it tonight. I'll be rather disappointed if it doesn't hit us, I always love a good storm.

Everyone who lives in those nice orange and yellow zones better be feeling very grateful right now. Two days ago we were in the 70's and now we are at 30*. That's a 40 degree drop for anyone who can't do that math. ;) So go on and enjoy that nice sun while I'm forcefully reminded of what snow and cold feel like.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great place to live.

Snow storms like that are great when you don't have anything that has to get done and you can just enjoy being at home.

That's a lot of area for one storm to cover though. Wow!

Did Elise tell you that we had a bad storm here last month. They only had one hour of church because of it and there were only a few people that came, so i was told, i didn't go.
Lisa said…
I need to get advice from you. How do you keep a kid warm in freakin cold weather? What's the drill.

And, I'm so sorry that your in that big blue spot.
Cannwin said…
Ivy it sounds like you spell snowstorm E-X-C-U-S-E

You live what? A mile away? LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer