Am I A Bird?

So I can tell I've entered the last bit of my pregnancy. It's a really simple indicator, one that Ralexwin finds incredibly odd (and I hope endearing). I've started nesting.

As I say that it makes me wonder if all of you know what nesting is. Well, a brief explanation would be a that it is a sudden uncontrollable urge to for a woman to prepare her house for the baby.

My particular form of this odd natural condition is fairly irrational. With baby #1 and 2 Ralexwin found me on my hands and knees scrubbing grout. Baby #3 I crocheted a mat for the baby to lay on (and received a very concerned look from my dear man).

Yesterday the urge to prepare hit me again and when Ralexwin walked through the door at 5:30 I felt a particular need to apologize. It had been my intention to vacuum, but when I couldn't find the vacuum bags in the closet I was overcome with a need to make sure I would be able to next time.

So when he got home the hallways and floors looked like this:



And the linen closet looked like this:



You might note the labels.

Yes... Nesting is almost comical in my house. The entire place may look like a tornado passed through but the tile will be sparkling and the closets spottless. I'm glad my husband sees it for what it is, an inevitable result of pregnancy.

Comments

Lisa said…
I love nesting stories because I understand.

I vacuumed the ceilings... with the big vacuum.

Good luck with the rest of your crazy cleaning.
Jennifer said…
With Oldest Girl Child, I was overcome by the need to make sure everything was completely and utterly organized. So, I tore the house apart in preparation for putting it back together - and then ran out of energy. So she came home to a house that was a complete and utter disaster, poor thing!
Claire said…
I go through nearly 3 months of nesting at the end. It's pretty awful. With the boy, I was so gimpy that I had to beg and plead with Lee to let me nest by proxy. He indulged my cleaning demands for the most part but I think he thought I had lost my mind! I really hope my back is at least 80% in time for any future nesting!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer