Halloween 2009

What did you dress up as? Did you dress up? I never dress up but I did dress up the kids. Well, okay I dressed up the older two who seem to care. I had no intention of dressing up Iyawin... so Vicbowin did it for me! She comes to me all dressed up and ready to go with her baby brother trailing behind her.

"Who put that on him?" I asked.

"Me. He's a Black Ninja."

So that's what he went as.

Here's a few photo's of the costumes I made this year (plus Vicbowin's first costume design).



This is the dress I made for one of the college girls around here. A friend of mine came to me and said, "You know how to sew, can you make a costume?" I tried very hard to make her understand that I was an AMATEUR sewer. A-m-a-t-e-u-r. As in my straight lines aren't always straight. But all they really needed was for me to take two dresses and make them one. So I said as long as they didn't care what the underside looked like I would do it. Heres the finished product. I'm quite pleased with myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer