Overtaking the Mountain

I think that I hit a turning point in my sewing abilities over the weekend. As if everything before that moment was just practice for the real stuff.

I'm so excited!

This weekend I made this:
(a new carseat cover)
click on picture for a fine little tutorial



And this:
(a repurposed outfit for the Vicbowin)



The dress and jacket were made out of a Gap skirt (that I absolutely love and grew ::clears throat:: out of), a tank top, and an Old Navy shirt (the black jacket) that I never wore. I was so surprised at how well both projects came out that I've been gloating about it ever since.

It's like I've been trying to learn a new language and all of a sudden it just clicked in my head. Now I can speak Sewingese!

I'm so happy with myself that I'm going to shirk all other responsibilities for the day and sew something!

You are now reading the blog of a woman who can sew!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! I would gloat too. That outfit is so cute. The carseat is also great but the outfit is so cute!
Claire said…
It all turned out great! You're motivating me to spend a little more time with my sewing machine :)

Speaking of motivation, I don't know if Jess has come by with her $6, but we were both planning to do so for the super saturday thing. News travels very slowly in the primary :(
Cannwin said…
Ivy- I'm totally loving the outfit and she was so excited about it I could barely get her to stand still long enough to check how it hung. When it was done she ran up the stairs and began twirling around and around and around then insisted on wearing it to church the next. Where she promptly got chocolate on it and it is now in the washroom waiting for it's turn in the machine. ::rolls eyes::

Claire-I'm free all day today... I could probably be busy, but I'm not.
Unknown said…
Good job! And for your accomplishment you deserve a 'rock on with your bad-self' shout out! (I love blogs like that!)

Cordially,
Avery

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer