Repost: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service

Today I am off and running errands most of the morning, so I thought I'd repost. I once went in for a pedicure and had the lady tell me that I had worse calluses than her Military Special Forces brother. This post helps explain why that is. Enjoy!

---

I was going to devote an entire blog post to describing how I ended up at a social event last night with no shoes... but then I woke up this morning and decided that was boring. So the process of picking a new blog topic began and as I usually do I became annoyed with thinking. I wish it would all just click in to place when I want it to, but sometimes it doesn't and I am left tapping my fingers on the keyboard.

Do you like shoes? I don't. I never have, really.

When I was a child I spent a lot of time running around without shoes on, my brothers used to say I had 'Indian feet'--(how completely non PC is that? I'm offended!)--which meant that my feet were tough enough for me to run over our rock laden driveway without wincing.

Yep, that's me. A shoeless wanderer.

Living nearly a decade in the South-Western United States only served to solidify my vehemence of closed toed constriction. You don't need anything by sandle's and flip-flops in Phoenix. So I never bothered with anything else. I lived in flip-flops. I ♥ flip-flops.


One of my favorite things about spring and summer is the ability to drive my car barefoot, or walk to church with my heels in hand.

I love the feel of cool grass or rough warm stone against my feet. I hate the hot, sweaty confines of shoes. I hate having my toes smashed and tied into place.

So is it such a big surprise to think that I would not grab my shoes on my way out the door last night? Well, yes it is because I'm not a hill-billy and I do know when to dress appropriately--it was really just a mis-communication...about my shoes.

It's not the first time people have seen me shoeless. I tend to take them off as soon as propriety deems it acceptable. Why? Because I really dislike shoes.

Truly... I do.

So I am excited for the world to warm up around me. I'm excited to be able to go racing after my kids without having to worry about putting shoes on first. I'm excited for red nail polish and green grass (they look so good together). I'm excited for cold water from the hose splashing on my feet and for sitting on the porch with my daughter painting our toes different fun colors.

I'm just excited for summer.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Yeah, shoes are horrible. Flylady always makes a big deal about shoes, and I understand, really I do, but... *shudder* Ick. Ick, ick, ick.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer