Craft Door Greeting (#7)


I figured I'd end the month with a week long celebration of crafts (minus Monday), which really just means I have more crafts I've made that I want to brag about. Like this one.

About two weeks ago my friend and I heard that the next town over was having a city wide clean up. We got very excited because this was code for free stuff laying out on the curbs. So we took my truck over and loaded up on doors, windows, old chairs and what not. This little creation came out of that.

It's a medicine cabinet door that I liked. The problem was, as I thought about it and stared at it I couldn't come up with anything to do with it.

Then, as these things tend to happen for me, I was laying in bed one night and it came to me. I started working immediately the next morning and between motherly duties for the next two days I managed to put this little gem together.

The hardest part was the stenciling because I literally printed out large words and pen knifed them out of the paper (then used what I'd made as the stencil).

I also varnished it because it was going to be spending so much time out of doors.

Do you like my little double-meaning? Stand at the door and knock! Ha! I'm so funny.

The reason I put an actual price on this project is because my friend (same friend) and I splurged last week and bought two stacks of scrapbooking paper at the Hobby Lobby... therefore I can't justify saying it cost nothing since the paper was brand new.

I'm very proud of myself. What do you think?

Comments

Evelyn said…
What a find!! If I lived near you, I would hop in your pickup for that little adventure. SOunds delightful!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer