Craft Numero Quatro (#4)



When we moved in to our current location Albowin was a devoted fan of The Hulk. His life revolved around the green man with the anger issues and all he wanted in life was to 'be green.' So when it came time to paint the bedrooms he was adamant about the color. . . even the hue.

Then he grew disillusioned with The Hulk and decided he was scary. Down came the poster's and out went the toys. All that remained was the painted walls. I didn't mind the color, but it really needed something else.

In comes my favorite past time... the blogging world... and I found the greatest idea.

Circles of paper mod podged to ply wood and hung on the wall. So I did it!


I actually had to print off the papers (which I'd accumulated on my computer from digifree) that arguably cost some money in ink, but since I didn't have to buy ink any time soon after, I don't count it.

The 'how to':

Find the papers that you want. Well, I guess first figure out how big you want your art to be then figure out how many papers you want THEN find the papers you want. Look for something common in them all like a color.

I wanted mine to add color to a very green room, so I was looking for papers that would do that, I found a lot of them with a diamond pattern so I guess I kind of went with that.

Then take a bowl and trace a circle shape... cut.

Paint your plywood the color you want. (I have an electric sander that I used to round the corners a bit and soften the edges up first.)

Arrange papers onto plywood as you desire (I actually measured the distances... it was very over-difficult).

Mod-Podge into place (bottom of paper and top of paper), let dry, and add hanging thing-a-ma-bobs onto the back.

Leave where your husband can see it and be sure to watch the expression on his face. If he's anything like mine he'll have a 'what the heck' look which will lead to future comments about your taste in abstract art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer