Crafting Extra #2

I saw this really cute idea online the other day that, of course, came with a price tag. I spent a few minutes toying with the idea of buying it before I realized--'Hey! I sooo can make that.'

Ah, freedom.

 (it keeps coming out blurry... sorry) 

Say goodbye to the repetitive "Mom,what's my phone number?" or "I need you to call Jane's mom so she can come over!" Say hello to the child calling card.

I love this idea. It is so convenient, especially now, at the end of the school year. It would be great for when you are moving to a new area as well (to give to friends the kids will be leaving behind).

All I need now is some sheets of business cards (or old school you could just print a sheet of them on card stock and cut out).

You can have this one and tweak it for you or you can make your own! I used Paint.net (my photo-shopping tool of choice) as well as some extra fonts I found over at fonts for peas (the gum ball machine came from one of the doodle font's).

You could also try using some cute elements from digifree.

Basically play around, have fun, involve the kids (vicbowin chose the above design). Show me what you come up with! I'd love to see it.

PS if you don't know how to install a font go here.

Have a great day.

Comments

Polly Blevins said…
You are becoming the little graphic desiner. Good job, maybe you should consider that later on...or now. Cute cards

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer