Note: I've decided to re-post some of my more favorite blogging memories. This is actually going to be my theme for May but I had a long night last night so I thought I'd get started early.
Since tomorrow will mark the 9th month of Remewin's life (she'll have been in the world as long as she was in my belly... always a sad day for me) I thought I'd give you a reminder of what my first few months were like during her pregnancy.
A friend of mine--who had been out of town at that time--noted to me that my blog posts during this period 'sounded like WW3 in my house.' It was bad. I was SOOO sick and the kids kept getting sick, and the Mischievite ended up in the hospital and my anti-nausea medicine wasn't working and Christmas was soon approaching. Hindsight being what it is I find it amusing to look back and see where it all began. I hope you do too.
Originally posted December 11, 2008:
List of things that happened yesterday:
* Kept Vicbowin home from school sick.
* Drove to my first prenatal appointment at 7:45 AM (yes... really).
* Nearly threw up in the car.
* Saw doctor, found out I was overweight (no surprise there), and got a prescription for anti-nausea medication. *choir sings Hallelujah*
* Forgot to turn my car lights off, nice lady at doctors office pointed it out to me. I felt like an idiot.
* Actually made it to my class and found out that my final portfolio needs to have a piece of my writing not done for class. Woo Hoo! Too easy.
* Became acutely aware of where the garbage can was in class and nearly had to use it. Much prayer ensued and I was blessedly saved from the embarrassment of retching in front of 40 people.
* Received a phone call saying that Albowin had forgotten his shoes at home and only had his snow boots. (I decided he could learn a little lesson and didn't take them down to him).
* Put the Mischievite down for a nap, took a nap myself. I think my sister called and talked to Vicbowin but I have no memory of the conversation.
* Woke from my nap with an intense craving for a Whopper with cheese--plain. Loaded the Mischievite and Vicbowin into the car and drove to Burger King.
* Enjoyed every single bite.
* Nearly threw it all back up while Vicbowin patted my back sympathetically and explained that I should 'stop a policeman because they were there to help.'
* Waited for nearly an hour at the pharmacists while they tried to convince my insurance card that it was more than just a piece of plastic and had value beyond what it saw in itself.
* Took first anti-nausea pill.
* Picked up Albowin at school. He wasn't too happy since he didn't get to play on the playground all day.
* Ate dinner... and a cookie... and a can of pineapple and didn't get sick!
* Vacuumed the living room (huge accomplishment okay)
* Managed to read some of "The Count of Monte Cristo" before collapsing in a heap of exhaustion and blissful non-stomach roiling.