Common Misconceptions


Mischievite in Ralexwin's shoes: "Hi, me Daddy. Me have big feet!"

Albowin: Everyone has electricity... except for Indians. They don't, they just live in tents.

Vicbowin to her brothers: You do know Kung Fu Panda isn't real, right? Because ninja's only live in Japan.

Vicbowin: When you get cooties what happens to you... is it like a fever or something?

Mischievite: Me not a pirate, me have two eyes.

Albowin: Mom, how can he be the pirate captain without a patch?

---

And (embarrassingly) a conversation between me and Vicbowin this morning:

Me: Is it Horton hears a who or Whoton hears a Hore. ::Gasp:: I mean... 

Vicbowin: ...Whoton hears a hore... that's funny mom.

Me kicking myself: No... it's not. It's a bad word.


Vicbowin quietly: Hore is a swear word?

Me frantic: Yes, well kinda. It's about the meanest thing you can call a woman.

Vicbowin, processing faster than I can react: But when the women were protesting about not being able to vote the police called them that.

Me... wishing I'd never opened my stupid mouth: Well, that's sad because it's really mean. (emphasizing the amount of meanness lest she repeat me)

Vicbowin: Meaner than when they punched them?

Me: Just as, but with words. Words can be as hurtful as punches and that's one of them.

Comments

Polly Blevins said…
kids....love them.
Evelyn said…
I remember when I read A Wrinkle in Time as a kid, I thought the creatures with tentacles had "Testicles". I asked my mom what testicles were and she freaked. Haha! That just reminded me of that.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer