Random Ramblings

Yesterday was, to say the least, an interesting Sunday. Albowin couldn't find his shoes and ended up going in socks to church, but not until I nearly left him at the house. (I thought Ralexwin had all the kids and Albowin had snuck into the family room to play on the computer. Only a quick head count of my husbands car saved him from being left).

Then the Mischievite out-did himself at church when he got in a fight with his brother over the sacrament bread. Which ended in my smacking the boy on the arm and threatening bodily injury if he didn't hand the tray over.

Very reverent.

Vicbowin was having some serious issues with the concept of an 'inside voice' and kept hollaring at me over the organist. So finally I hauled my two culprits into the foyer.

That didn't help so much. They just giggled out there.

So by the time church was over I was exhausted. I put the two little ones down for naps and fell asleep myself, only to be roused from my bliss by Ralexwin who informed me we had company coming over in half an hour. (He always does that to me on Sundays)

Our guests came and went and Ralexwin needed to run out and do some of his own visiting before we drove out to a friends house (half-hour from ours) to pick up a freezer they said we could have... and some doors for a little something-something I'm working on.

While Ralexwin was gone I took the time to fix some dinner and call my mom.

::sigh::

The kids had other plans.

Which included the Mischievite pulling down his pants and chasing after the older two telling that he was going to poop on them. I caught them all running in circles in the family room laughing hysterically.

"Okay, Mom, I'm going to have to go now." I said to my own understanding parent.

Then, as they say in the pro-wrestling circles, I layed the smack down. :)

What is with kids!? What is with boys!? I don't understand this need to run around in the nude.

The other day I was trying to talk to Albowin about pedophiles. I was giving him the 'if someone touches you' talk and subsequent quizzing. To my question: "What do you do if someone touches you innapropriately?" Albowin responded: "Umm, do it back!"

::head-desk::

He gets this from the idea of hitting back, you know. He thinks if someone hits him, he's completely justified in hitting them back. Heck... if they raise their hand to him he feels justified in hitting back!

Boys.

Vicbowin was never like that. She takes the information that you give her, asks a bunch of extremely probing questions processes it all and moves on. Then again, Vicbowin is in a class all her own.

She had to give a little talk in Primary during church and read this scripture as clearly as any adult:

8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are adesirous to come into the bfold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
  9 Yea, and are awilling to mourn with those that bmourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as cwitnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the dfirst resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
  10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being abaptized in the bname of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a ccovenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you? (Mosiah 18)
I am not exaggerating when I say that she did not bat an eye. She didn't so much as pause to sound out a word. I sat in the back of the room listening to her with my heart swelling up with pride for her abilities.

My kids are all crazy, but their great. I love each and every silly thing they do.

So I worry a little that Albowin is going to be a bully and the Mischievite a flasher. I still love them.

Every day, more and more.

Comments

Hahaha... yup. Pretty much sounds like an average Sunday!
Awesome.
Jenn said…
I remember those kinds of Sundays...now that mine are older, the battlefield has changed1 Ugh!
And if it make you feel any better...one of my boys was a I'm-justified-to-hit-them kind of boy too...and I had a flasher....they grow out of it!
Polly Blevins said…
Both my kids are flashers. McKelle is the only one who doesn't get super excited to be naked. Cole goes outside to pee, not jut pee outside if he is already there. Sage thinks she needs to try to catch the urine. I love them all but need more hand sanitizer.
Lisa said…
I was having a bad day.

I read this. Totally laughed. And now I'm happy.

Thanks.
Unknown said…
Yes, boys do tend to wrestle--in the nude. No worries, from my experience they grow up to by nice adults that continue to wrestle, not so much in the nude tho. And, yes I think I pinched my kids a few times to be quiet at church. Of course one of mine was a biter so he was banned from the nursery--he too is a nice adult now and gave up the biting.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer