Friday Wishlist

Over at the Literary Soundtrack (one of the best book blogs out there, IMHO) Friday is the day for talking about books you want to adore, but have yet to acquire.

Friday Wishlist
Since today is the first ever link party, I thought it would be worth it to link up. Maybe, since I'm sure you're here trying to come up with some sort of inspiration for your own blog ::wink-wink:: I thought maybe you could follow my lead. :)

So, what's my book of wishing for this week? Well... I just read about this book by a guy named Goran Kropp called Ultimate High: My Everest Adventure.

It's about this guy, Goran, who rides his bike from Sweden to Everest... then climbs Everest unassisted and without oxygen... then bikes home.

Umm, yeah, totally awesome.

And here I am complaining about all this dang weight I've gained. If only I could bike across the country, but who am I kidding? I'd rather just read about it.

What book are you chomping at the bits to get? What book is making your hands sweaty with anticipation?


Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds like this one will be a different kind of fun book to read. I admit I would love to find myself at base camp.

Great pick.

I do not have a post for this but I just finished a new book review :)

Mad Scientist
madsteampunkery.blogspot.com
Lady Fromage said…
I'm looking forward to reading Yann Martel's new novel, Beatrice & Virgil. I've enjoyed Life of Pi at least a dozen times (I kidd you not...)! I can't belive I had the will power to PUT THE NEW BOOK DOWN in the book store! I'm saying I'll hold out for a used copy, or the paper back, but I may not be able to wait much longer...

Love the blog, I'm a follower now!

-Lady Fromage
Meaghan said…
I've been killing to read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Except when I went to check it out, someone checked it out until APRIL 15!!

I pretty much died.
Saimi said…
I've had the Mockingjay sitting on my bedside stand ever since it came out and I still haven't had the time to read it....Maybe if I'd get off this dang computer, I'll have some time!
Cannwin said…
Okay... Meaghan and Saimi you both have to go over to Literary Soundtrack and read my reviews on the books!

http://literarysoundtrack.blogspot.com/search/label/Suzanne%20Collins

Meaghan it took 4 months to get my hands on Catching Fire but Mockingjay was literally just sitting on the shelf at the library (like 2 days after it came out!) I couldn't believe it! and I probably looked a little maniacal when I snatched it up.

Saimi I cried my eyes out. The ending was so poignant and beautiful (but I guess not everyone feels that way) that I just sobbed on my bed at 2AM... possible result of being up 'til 2? Mmm, nah.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer