11 Things You Didn't Know You Ought To Know:
(Also known as Cannwin's Bored List)
1. The Cranberry, Blueberry, and Concord blue grape are the only native fruits of North America.
2. 10 inches of snow is the equivalent of 1 inch of rain.
3. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
4. Pearls will dissolve in vinegar.
5. Lettuce is from the sunflower family.
6. Cashews and poison ivy are related.
7. It is unlikely that you will actually sink in quicksand. If you relax you will actually float to the top, like in water.
8. Benjamin Franklin never patented a single one of his inventions.
9. The Influenza outbreak of 1918 (ala Edward Cullen) killed 500,000 people in 8 months.
10. Salt is the only rock that can be eaten by humans.
11. You can now vote for your favorite blog in my sidebar.