Packing Do's and Dont's

The Mischievite is ready to go. (18 months)
To my dear husband of ten years, can I just take a few minutes to pin down some important do's and dont's for you during this packing period... please?

1. I made these for a reason... please take advantage of them---(location is where you want the box to go when we unpack, if you are unsure, please just put what room you packed it with).
2. Don't mix and match. Stick to a room. Pack that room then move on. Please don't go searching for other things to fill the box unless it specifically applies to the box at hand. i.e. If you know that Vicbowin has books in the main room, that ought to be in her room, you can go get them.

3. Please fold all the clothes and linens before you put them in a box.

4. Towels are acceptable forms of padding, and the only thing rule #2 doesn't apply to.

5. Don't pack framed artwork unless you can ensure safe passage in the box. The best way to move them is to cut out a piece of cardboard that fits the front and strap it down.

6. If you go to the layaway section at Wal-Mart early in the morning they usually have boxes.

7. Please, oh please, don't pack any junk. That jar full of screws can be given to someone. Extra paint can be handed off. 

. Here is my list of things that you WILL be giving away.
Bunk Beds- already called for by S.T.
Coffee table and side tables- already called for by E.S.
Big chunky chair that's downstairs- If M.U. doesn't want it, then M.C. does... if not her then E.S.
Love at Home wall hanging- it's called for, but I can't remember by who.
White rocking chair-- already called for by M.U.
Bike Kid Carry Along Thing- Goes to N.N.
Tricycle, smallest bike and all that stuff in the back corner of the garage--goes to M.C.
Hide-a-bed couch-goes to E.S.
M.U.'s bed--goes to someone, but--again--I can't remember who.
The kitchen stools can be left for the next owners.
The shower curtain can stay as well.
Loveseat
Vicbowin's bed
The boy's dresser
The brown lazy boy
The yellow chair with lemon fabric
The red and white chairs with denim fabric



. I also have a list of things you are not allowed to get rid of under any circumstances (even though I know you'll try).
My grandmother's dresser.
The dresser I refinished that used to belong to my mom.
My wedding dress--if you can find it, because I've already hidden it.
Any letters that you or I have written EVER.
My two blue winged back chairs.
My doors.


. Things I would like you to remember to bring with you.
The pen, crayon, bored, and marker boxes.
The curtains from the bedrooms and stairwell (not the shutters, just curtains)
The coat hooks I made with my mom.
The little white shelving unit in Vicbowin's closet, as well as the curtain hanging there.
The front door decor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer