Stress

I was going to do another post about quilt making today, but my stress level combined with my ridiculously slow computer that's seriously on it's last leg have made it an impossibility.

Instead I will tell you all that I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. Everyone seems to be so casual about the entire moving thing and I'm a boiling kettle of nerves. I can't sleep, I'm not eating well, and I most definitely am not functioning at a healthy level of productivity.

So, I'm going to vent to you, my dear readers about all the things I need to do in the next 6 days. No need to tell me to hang in there... I know... but you can feel free to tell me funny stories of stressful situations you've been in. :)

Okay, here's my list

-Get the kids medical records from the ornery lady at the doctors office who told me she filed the requests for at least a month ago.

-Write a 15 minute talk about motherhood when I'm, right now, feeling like the most terrible mother in the world. (Only heightened by the Mischievite casually stating that I was 'always mean' this morning.)

-Find babysitter's for three seperate nights this week so I can attend the 'Hooding' rehearsal dinner, Hooding, and graduation.

-Pack the house of which I am very, very, very much not finished with.

-Clean the house for family and friends coming to visit (on top of a half packed house).

-Prep myself for Ralexwin being gone during the last weekend we are in South Dakota. Which really means pack said house and give said talk while single momming it. But who am I kidding, he's not around right now anyway.

-Coordinate two dinner 'parties' at the half packed house. (least of my worries).

-Prepare myself for my 11 month seperation from Ralexwin which begins 2 weeks from yesterday.

-Wash all of the laundry in the house.

-Do all the dishes in the house.

Okay... seriously that list just made me almost cry. I can't even handle writing it all down.

Seriously... I'm on the verge of a panic attack.

Comments

Claire Wessel said…
That sounds awful. I think you are justified in having some tears right now. D'vlyn Crisman did well with my kids and she's generally pretty available to babysit. I'm happy to help you any way that I can.
Anonymous said…
You need some help! How overwhelming! I wish I was close enough to help you. I am not overscheduled this week and I could totally devote my time to easing your burden.

This sounds funny but maybe it's a good thing you can't sleep. It gives you a little more time to finish stuff. That's what I did when I was moving and I couldn't sleep. I used the quiet time at night to schedule out my plans for what I was going to get done and I would do quiet things like the laundry, packing boxes of paperwork and books, etc... Fortunatly for me I did not have such a massive list of other things to get done. Your list would make me cry too.

So no funny story but here's what I try to keep in mind when I'm overwhelmed. Just do your best one babystep at a time. Babysteps are not overwhelming and it's a comforting thought to me. When it's all done and you see the mountain moved it feels really good.
You are singing my song sister. This sounds like how I felt in December and January. I truly wondered if we would make it through, but we did. But I didn't think we would many times.

I won't say hang in there...I just know it's crazy. You can do it! You can do hard things.

Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer