Monday Madness

Today just hasn't been going very well. I have this typical routine that I go through every morning with the kids but that got shot the heck in about 2 minutes this morning.

What resulted was that Albowin was late to school. This is because once they hit a certain time in the morning I tell them, "Now you're on my time and you have to wait for me. So sit down in that chair right there and when I'm ready to leave the house I'll be nice and drop you off."

I never take them in. I never hurry my morning. I take my precious time and make them sit there for probably an hour and then I give them a note to take to the office that says something to the effect of--"Late to school today due to obstinance."

I figure this is my way of getting back at them for spoiling my morning.

So... today I am posting my blog at nearly noon because if I'm going to leave the house I sure as heck am going to get some things done while I'm out.

Which I did. Like buying milk....

That I then proceeded to drop on the kitchen floor and crack open. Well, more like shatter all over the place.

Oh, yes. Today is turning out to be a fantastic example of semi-singling it.

Comments

mandi said…
I love the way you handle this. Really love it.
Cannwin said…
haha. my kids are very used to me explaining to them about 'my time.' I just want it very clear to them that I'm allowed to have it.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer