LASIK


Today I go in for LASIK surgery at 3PM.

I'm super duper nervous.

They made me watch this video showing what they would be doing to my eyes. I wanted to inform them afterward that their video was LESS likely to make people want the surgery.

Then the doctor tried talking me into getting 'custom' LASIK which is about $1000 more an eye. After telling me how much better my eyesight would be and how much more advanced the technique was and how absolutely happy I'd be if I spent that extra $2000 (yes, I only have two eyes), then telling me how my eyes aren't something I really want to scrimp on. He asked me if I wanted to go ahead with custom LASIK.

I graciously declined and made sure he understood I was opting for the scrimping surgery that wouldn't bust my bank.

He then smiled and said, "Well, with your prescription there really isn't going to be that much of a difference in vision if you go for the conventional surgery v custom."

AHA!

That's the sort of information they conveniently don't tell you.

My friend says that there is no morality in finances. This would be a prime example of that.

So... today I'm going to scrimp and go for conventional LASIK.

I'm scared-excited and have no one around to really vent those feelings to.

I had to find a ride to the surgery and home and then I will probably put a movie on for the kids and go climb in my bed.

It feels weird doing something so life altering without any sort of hand to hold.

::shrug:: 

Such is my life.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Ashy said…
Good luck! I (and probably Meaghan as well) are holding your hands in spirit, if it helps :)
I love that you are suing my picture. I just miss you so much. You know one of those "People" you were just supposed to meet on your mission, kinda missing? Well, its like this, when I think of Vermillion, South Dakota, I can't help but think "Winsor" and then "Charity." Good luck with the surgery... :)
Meaghan said…
To me, Charity Windsor is most of the reason I return to Vermillion. But not anymore. :(

How did Lasik go?? :)
Cannwin said…
Oh! you guys are so sweet! I'm totally touched. And you are all welcome to visit me anytime you want. :)

Even from Spain.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer