Quiet

It's been along time since I had a quiet day. So long, in fact, that I've forgotten what it's like to hear a car drive past in the distance or the wind blow through the tree's, to hear bugs skittering across the lawn or squirrels scurrying along a branch.

Well, the two older kids are in school now (kindergarten and 1st grade) and the baby still takes naps. So for about two hours every day I get the glorious pleasure of uninterrupted quiet. The first few days I rushed to do all my chores, as I usually do when the baby naps, then I realized I had all day and one kid; I didn't need to do them in this nice quiet moment.

So I've started reading books during this magnificent period. It's been a week since the kids started school and I'm on my third book. I LOVE IT.

I've got to take some pictures for you guys, that's on my list of things to do today. Otherwise it's nap time so I think I'll go read some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer