Gah-uh go! Gah-uh go!

Yesterday was a very interesting, eventful day for me (as if that's never happened before). At around 1 PM my munchkin and I were going to go do something and I said to the little 2 year old.

"Okay, but Mommy has to go to the bathroom first."

Oh, the reaction! He drops everything and runs to the bathroom stripping down as he goes (not that uncommon). So I let him climb on up there expecting him to do his usual sit there for a minute and then climb down, but he didn't. Instead he actually forced himself to pee! It was so obvious that he was trying to go that I was just blown away.

So I decided then and there, if this kid can make himself go pee then we're going without diapers the rest of the day and seeing what happens.

That was yesterday and as of today we have had 2 accidents in 24 hours. He's even done the other stuff on the toilet as well (lol, the other stuff, how do you say that online?).

I've never had a kid potty train this early or be so freakin' eager to do so, but this guy is determined! He can barely take his undies off by himself but he sure as heck knows when to come get me.

Anyway, we're on day two so we'll see how well this goes, i.e. if I can keep up the pace of helping him onto the toilet every ten minutes.

Tomorrow I have to work and now I'm secretly looking forward to it (an entire potty training free day!), but don't tell Ralexwin. ;)

Wish us luck.

Comments

Chelsea said…
That is great. I hope he continues to have a desire until he is totally trained.
Claire said…
I wish my kids would do that! Rejeanne is finally getting more verbal and a little interested, but she still doesn't seem to notice or care when her diaper is wet. *sigh* I so love your little son right now! I hope he rubs off on Rejeanne.
Cannwin said…
lol, none of my others have ever done anything like this, it's very nice... somedays.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer