Is It a Cow? Or an Alien?

My little one has these books that we got from freecycle. There was an entire box of board books and I was excited about that, but one or two of them are a bit.... weird.

They call them 'jigglies' and I suppose that someone thought they were creative since they got published. I, however, am of the mind that they are just creepy. Let's have a look see shall we:

The title page:
What the heck!? What kind of cow has eyes all over it? I mean even a fairly blotchy heifer doesn't come out with ring shaped black spots. See the rooster, he's screaming for help.

And what about this poor bird?

She's go it in her head she's sitting on a nest of eggs. Poor dear... those are never going to hatch. Don't worry though, cause the cats aren't gonna make it very long by the looks of those kittens. What are those, some form of cancerous mass?

At least the ducks are happy.

And whatever alien civilization thought they were pulling the wool over on us has got a thing or two to learn about our four legged species. They only have TWO eyes! And those are on the head.
If this is the kind of publishing that's going on these days, then why am I not making any money? I can do WAY better then this, and my books won't give children (and their parents) nightmares.

Comments

Jessica Bair said…
Yeah, they could have put something on them that was jiggly but why did it have to be eyes? That is pretty funny.
Anonymous said…
Esperity,

That book is creepy! But as usually I enjoyed your comments...I loved your comment on Jen's last blog too.
You make me laugh!!!!

And you can write a book billion times better so once you're fully awake after a proper night's sleep (that might take a few years) get to it girl...you can do it!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer