Why Did I Smell That?

Why is it that you smell things you know are going to make you gag? Or is this just me? I really don't think so, because I think I've caught my husband doing it too.

But why is it?

So you find that bottle under the couch... the one with the solidified milk inside and what do you do? You take it over to the sink, unscrew the lid and sniff, just to make sure. Make sure of what!? That the solid mass in the bottom is really curdled milk?

It's like when you were a kid and would pick at your ear and then stick your finger in your mouth. We ALL know how ear wax tastes, so why does anyone make that mistake more than once? What part of our brain tells us that we need to do that again, just in case the first 10 times weren't accurate?

Kind of like when you're 28 years old and you touch the iron to see if it's hot? WHO DOES THAT!? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Has anyone ever done a study on this, I wonder? The reason our brain insists our senses didn't get it right... it would be interesting to find out.

Until then I guess I'm going to have to listen harder to that little voice that says, 'Really Cannwin, you might want to think about that before you... Never mind.'


----

I think I'm going to make my May theme cosmic questions that remain unanswered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer