All the Who's Down in Whoville

I'm trying to blog, but Iyawin is watching 'Horton Hears a Who' and since I've never seen it, it's a bit distracting.

It's funny. Have you ever seen it?

Anyway...

Last night I woke up with my hand clasped in Ralexwin's. It was very nice. It also made me think back to right after we were married.

When we got married, Ralexwin had a lease with his brother on a little house in the Phoenix area. We moved in with him.

We lived on Hamburger Helper and used bug spray like perfume (to keep the cockroaches at bay). We attended church when we could, which is to say when we actually managed to run into each other, since Ralexwin was getting his Civil Engineering degree AND working as a baggage handler at the airport and I was working at a hotel 1/2 an hour from where we lived. I worked 7-3 everyday... he worked 3-11 everynight.

It was the very essence of new marriage and like any couple we loved it! It was bright and full of excitement.

We had a full sized mattress on the floor. We spent $50 a week on food. We found out we were pregnant with Vicbowin. We started our life together.

So last night I lay there holding hands with my husband, on our king sized mattress, in our house on 1/2 an acre with our four children asleep down the hall and I smiled, it was a sleepy smile, but it was a smile none-the-less.

Life sure is good.

Comments

Lisa said…
I like to read stuff like that. It's cute and sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer