Waiting for the Flood

I can't keep up with Albowin's growth. He seems to sprout an inch every night. Leaving me in staring in dismay every morning when he put on his pants.

He is constantly in high-waters!

I don't have this problem with Vicbowin... since she seems to have stopped growing all together. Plus when she does grow out of something lengthwise I can always add lace or something to the bottom. You can't do that with boys. You can't have them going around in ankle pants like you can a girl.

My boys are killing me.

The Mischievite's growth is to be expected (being three years old and all) and he has enough hand-me-downs that it's not really an issue.

Albowin, however, is another story entirely and it scares me just a little. I have these images of playing clothing catch up with him for the next 10 years.

At least in the summers I can cut all the worn pants off and have him run around in home-made shorts. When it's mid-winter it's another story entirely.

What is a mom to do? Accept the inevitable, I suppose. Albowin is doomed to a life of too big/too small. It is doubtful he will ever actually fit in the clothes he's given.... same goes for the Mischievite.

It makes me glad I'm a girl... and that I have girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer