Does It Scare You?

About 95% of women diagnosed with Breast Cancer are over the age of 40.

Breast Cancer is most common in Caucasion women followed by African-American and then Asian-American. However, African-American women are most likely to die from Breast Cancer.

Every 69 seconds a woman dies of Breast Cancer.

I gotta tell you guys... Breast Cancer scares me. A few years ago I found a lump just under inside my armpit and panicked. I immediately went into the doctor and was kindly informed that as the body gets older it begins to produce more lumps. I was okay, but I needed to watch the lump closely in case of any sudden growth.

The doctor told me that what I wanted to look for is lumps that weren't perfectly round and/or that grew rapidly.

We are bombarded with the phrase 'Breast Cancer' but are rarely given the knowledge needed to help ourselves.

When they say lump, what exactly do they mean?

What are my chances of getting Breast Cancer?

Am I more likely to get it because I wear a bra to bed, or started my period at a young age?

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is a great place to seek these answers and since knowledge is power I recommend you hop on over and watch some videos.

Remember knowledge is power.

Here are some great products that are on the market Breast Cancer Awareness Month:

shopkitchenaid.com

Dell Accesories
Shoe Dazzle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer