Skip to main content

The World

We spent the weekend up on the 'Mountain' again this weekend.

 Ralexwin is leaving for Texas and won't be home for 6 months (except maybe for a vacation). So we took the last weekend we had together and went up to see the views.

This is one of those views.
These are called 'The Fingers' and can be seen from several points on the family land.

They are breathtaking to behold and often make me wish I were an explorer in a strange new world.

I can probably come up with a million tiny stories every single time I see these monuments to God's talent, but my favorite story is the one about the boy who fell in love with a girl. 

Like most boys, he promised her the world and, even though she knew how hard the world was to catch, she accepted.

Life moved along, and the girl forgot about the promise of the boy. She was busy raising his children and cooking his dinners and kissing him goodbye more often than she liked.

Then one day he drove her high up into the mountains, over bumpy roads and past steep canyons, and, even though she had other things she could be doing, she came along because she liked being with the boy and having her hand cradled in his. 

The kids were all in the back of the truck and she could hear them laughing and giggling as they bounced over nearly forgotten roads. The girl smiled at the sound but the boy didn't seem to notice, he was so intent on his task.

Finally, they came to a meadow and the boy tugged the girl out of the car while the kids all scrambled down from their perches.

Then, with her children spread out around her, the boy showed the girl the view. As she beheld the miles and miles of majesty, the girl realized that the boy had just given her the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

This was my week two craft for So You Think You're Crafty. I placed third that week for this one. I thought you might enjoy finding out how I made it.


I tried about a million different decorations before settling on one that didn't drown out my rings. I wanted them to the focal point. This is also why I went with black fabric and not something more vivid.

Don't be intimidated by the lack of 101 I'm giving you. It really is a straight forward sort of project. If you know how to use a glue gun without burning yourself you can do this. Just be sure to dust off your imaginative brain space first. :)

The one important thing you might be wondering is how I got the pink fabric to stick to the shoe. I really just Mod Podged it on.

There are several different ways to make ring tubes that you can find online. One I saw used that colored foam paper stuff that you find in the kids craft section. I thought that might have been easier, but I had scraps of batting lying around so I …

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

The problem with Anthropologie is that they cost way too much money. WAY TOO MUCH! I mean, come on--these book boxes:

Cost $68-$188!

Do you have that kind of money?

I don't, but you know what I do have? I have a library with a cart full of free books that no one really cares about! So guess what I did... I made my own (and then I gave them away because I really don't have anywhere to put them).

Here's how.
















What do you think?

I Am A Phoenix

This is a drawing I did right after my divorce, when I was trying to discover my life's course and who I was as a person. Divorce is this horrendously nasty thing that leaves a person with little to nothing of who they were before (at least that's how it was for me). My family was gone, at one point I had counted up blood/legal relatives that had stopped talking to me and it was nearly 60. Things were bad, but one of the recurring comments I heard from other divorcee's was 'Get bitter, or get better.' So I aimed for better. I came up with my own personal code of conduct (Quiet Dignity) and my own personal motto.

The motto the drawing is based off of is: 
"I am a Phoenix. I was born for the fire and I will rise from the ashes."
But, that's not all. Each aspect of the drawing has meaning. I researched these... so I hope I got them right. lol
I chose to make my image reminiscent of a mandala with the most significant parts at the very center. The shape i…