Part of me keeps saying 'I just became a full fledged adult. I'm grown up now.'
The other part of me says, 'Holy freaking cow woman you're old!'
I can't process it.
So, I've been thinking of all the ways I could share my birthday with you. I could list cool things that have happened on this day in history.
I could tell you about the things that my parents remember from then. (Mt. St. Helen's errupted 5 months earlier and only 90 miles from where I was born).
I thought it would be really fun to show you what I looked like during my three decades (alas, digital cameras weren't invented until much later on and I have very few--perhaps zero--digital childhood photos).
So.... what should I do?
Well, I've decided that it would be fun to celebrate by giving you 11 books to read, 10 songs to listen to, and 10 movies to watch--all from various stages of my life. We'll call it Cannwin's Cultural List.
1. The Case of the Vanishing Boy by Alexander Key
2. Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
3. Dangerous Summer by Carolyn G. Hart
4. Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark
5. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
6. Charlie by Jack Weyland
7. 1491 by Charles C. Mann
8. West With the Night by Beryl Markham
9. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
10. Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
11. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
1. The Last Unicorn
2. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
3. Beauty and the Beast (it's all about her library)
4. The Princess Bride
5. A Far Off Place
6. The Last of the Mohicans
7. Dirty Dancing
8. Fools Rush In
10. Hope Floats
1. Sumethin' Wicked this Way Comes by TLC
2. Glycerine by Bush
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
4. When I Come Around by Green Day
5. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe
6. Foolish Games by Jewel
7. Breathe Again by Toni Braxton
8. Always by Bon Jovi
9. I Love You by Sarah Mclachlan (Ralexwin calls this 'The Whispery Song')
10. When You Love Someone by Bryan Adams
(Now you can tell me how many you've read, seen or listened to and we can compare how alike you and I are.)