Platty

I am typing this on my brand-new-very-own-bought-it-myself computer. She's silver... so in honor of all the other names I have for my electronic devices (Blanca is my ipod-touch, Roja was my camera that I no longer have) I have decided to name this little lady Platty.... for plateado which means silver in spanish... and is the color of my girl.

Today I scrolled through all the blogs I follow for the first time in 6 months. It felt fantastic! Like I finally came home or something.

So now I can sit here and write til my fingers go numb and be at one with my words again.

I'M SO EXCITED!

Oh, and she takes pictures and has a built in webcam (hint-hint Meaghan!):
(This is me trying to figure out how to work the webcam)


I am a happy single lady today.

Buying my own computer was super scary, but I feel empowered by doing so... that's sort of funny I suppose.

Comments

Rob-bear said…
I can see that you would feel empowered!

I have a little note at the bottom of my blog, which I guess few people see. It says, "Blogging gives 'freedom of the press' to those who cannot afford a press." I made that up myself, but it is true. With you're brand new computer, you can be (almost) as powerful as the New York Times, and can publish from just about anywhere under the sun. Awesome, or what?

I hope you have fun with Platty!

Blessings and Bear hugs to both of you!
Cari Hislop said…
You go girl! I'd be one of those people back at the shop within two hours because I couldn't get it to work...because I forgot to turn it on!
Sad, but true...and that's before the computer gets switched on and the temperamental computer decides it hates me!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer