Jobs and Cars

Well... I bought a new car. Well, new to me. It cost me a months rent that I'm not sure how I'm going to recover from, but at least I can take the kids to school. SuperFreak found it on craiglist for me and nearly died from excitement. It's a 1997 Chrysler Concorde with only 81,500 and it's all mine now.

I also got a job. This is the real excitement in my life because it's a job as a writing tutor at the college. It pays minimum wage and I only get a few hours a week (which really is all I can do) but oh my I love it! I don't think I've ever truly loved a job before but I feel like I can excel at this.

Life is good. It's hard and it's crazy but it's good...

Now... if I could only figure out how to pay that rent. :/


Comments

Cari Hislop said…
That was a lovely blessing...a job you enjoy? Awesome! That sounds right up your alley. And what a blessing to know someone who knows cars when you need a cheap one that isn't going to fall apart after a week. I don't even drive, but if I did I wouldn't know where to start. I'd get the one I thought was cute...and then I'd hand over my money and drive as far as the first Dairy Queen. I'd be the crazy woman with the broken down car at the drive through window! :/
Rob-bear said…
Well, Cannwin, things are improving. A car, and a job, and, well, um, a month's rent will come from somewhere. Hopefully.

The main thing is that you and the kids are still surviving. Which is pretty darned good these days. See; you can win!
Claire said…
you could try getting some overnight day care kids, or evening tutor students in your home, or set up a donation button on your blog and pray a bunch. Buy a lotto ticket, or "hope ticket" as I like to call them.

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer