Postpartum

There's a hair in my bowl
There's some hair on my coat
There's so much hair in the tub
-that it's starting to float.

There's pills for my health
There's pills for depression
With a dime for each pill
-I could end the recession.

My chest is all sore
My skin is all saggy
I wish that my clothes
-were a little bit baggy.

I wake up at one
I wake up at four
I wake up at every
-stupid creak in the floor.

I changed clothes last month
I showered last week
As you can imagine
-I'm starting to stink.


There's toys on the floor
There's laundry in piles
Sometimes I just wish
-I could sleep for awhile.

I went to the store
Took the baby along
I thought that I'd...
That I'd... z z z z z z z z

Comments

Jessica Bair said…
Sure glad I'm not the only one that has these problems!
Evelyn said…
HEar HEar! Well said!!

Popular posts from this blog

How-To Pretend You Work For Anthropologie

Altered Shoe Art: Ring Holder Shoe Tutorial

Mutterings of a Middle-Aged Dreamer